Yellow Submarine (2012 remake film)
Yellow Submarine was a planned computer-animated fantasy musical film based on the 1968 animated film of the same name by The Beatles and directed by Robert Zemeckis, the film was to be produced by Walt Disney Pictures, Apple Corps Ltd. and ImageMovers Digital altogether as it was announced to be released in 2012 for the Summer Olympics in London.
A 3-D adaptation of the classic Beatles animated feature in which the British pop band traveled to a magical place called Pepperland in their yellow submarine to drive away the evil music-hating Blue Meanies.
Why It Was Cancelled
- People at Disney were concerned at how motion capture animation looked after the box office failure of A Christmas Carol.
- Simon Wells' Mars Needs Moms flopped at the box office.
- ImageMovers Digital had been shut down by Disney in 2010 after the box office failure of A Christmas Carol in November 2009 and was absorbed back into ImageMovers.
- Robert Zemeckis would later and chose instead to direct 2012's Flight his first live-action film since 2000 which was a critical and commercial success with Denzel Washington earning a Best Actor nomination at the Oscars for his performance as William "Whip" Whitaker Sr. and writer John Gatins earning a Best Original Screenplay nomination too after leaving Yellow Submarine and Disney in 2010.
- Peter Serafinowicz as Paul McCartney
- Dean Lennox Kelly as John Lennon
- Adam Campbell as Ringo Starr
- Cary Elwes as George Harrison
- David Tennant as Chief Blue Meanie
- Robert Zemeckis announced to everyone that his animation studio ImageMovers Digital was out of business in 2010, and even cancelled the movie permanently as he either thought it was a terrible idea to make a movie based on the song or that it may upset many Beatles fans.
Four-Headed Bulldog model by Punn Wiantrakoon
Jeremy Hilary Boob Phd (aka The Nowhere Man) model by Punn Wiantrakoon
Max model by Punn Wiantrakoon
Chief Blue Meanie model by Punn Wiantrakoon
- BM concept 07.jpg
Fish concept art by Brandon Martynowicz
- BM concept 06.jpg
Four-Headed Bulldog leash concept art by Brandon Martynowicz
- BM concept 05.jpg
Beatle mansion exterior by Brandon Martynowicz
- BM concept 04.jpg
Beatle mansion interior concept art by Brandon Martynowicz
- BM concept 03.jpg
Meanie-fied tree concept art by Brandon Martynowicz
- BM concept 02.jpg
Pepperland concept art by Brandon Martynowicz
A butterfly-stomper by Chris Bonura, a concept artist on the film
- FlyingTurk 3q v001.jpg
"Flying Turk" engine head piece by Punn Wiatrakoon
Sea of Monster's sucking monster model by Punn Wiantrakoon
- V011 openMouth 800.jpg
Sucking Monster open mouth art by Punn Wiantrakoon
Max model study by Punn Wiantrakoon
Chief Blue Meanie model study by Punn Wiantrakoon
The Beatles models by Punn Wiantrakoon
The Beatles in band model by Punn Wiantrakoon, Matt Cioffi, and Landis Fields
Flying warship(?) concept art by Jason Merck
Alternative Beatle Mansion concept art by Jason Merck