Untitled Lemony Snicket A Series of Unfortunate Events sequels
Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon movies wanted to turn Lemony Snicket A Series of Unfortunate Events into a movie franchise, with the first movie following the first three books. It is unknown how many sequels it would have gotten, but they were to likely follow the remaining ten books in the series.
The sequels would have followed the remaining ten books of the novel series.
Jim Carrey as Count Olaf
Emily Browning as Violet Baudelaire
Liam Aiken as Klaus Baudelaire
Kara and Shelby Hoffman as Sunny Baudelaire
Jude Law as Lemony Snicket
Why It Was Cancelled
- Although it did well in the box office, the first movie got mixed reviews.
- Liam Aiken, Emily Browning, and the Hoffman sisters are too old to reprise their roles as the Baudelaire children.
- Paramount and Nickelodeon couldn't get production off the ground.
- The movie series was cancelled.
- The series was rebooted thirteen years later into a Netflix show starring Neil Patrick Harris as Count Olaf and Patrick Warburton as Lemony Snicket. The series lasted from January 13, 2017 to January 1, 2019.