Jump to navigation Jump to search
Transformers 6 is the sequel following The Last Knight. It was scheduled to be released on June 28, 2019. The film does not have an official title.
Unicron has now awoken and the Autobots are trying to stop him.
Why It Was Cancelled
- The main reason the film was cancelled is due to the negative reception and underperformance of The Last Knight. The film did very poorly at the domestic box office (United States and Canada) and did not even meet expectations in China, the country that raised the most money for the film.
- Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime
- Erik Aadahl as Bumblebee
- John Goodman as Hound
- Ken Watanabe as Drift
- John DiMaggio as Crosshairs
- Omar Sy as Hot Rod
- Jim Carter as Cogman
- Reno Wilson as Squeeks
- Frank Welker as Megatron
- Jess Harnell as Barricade
- Zac Effron as Jake Barnes(rumored)
- Gemma Chan as Quintessa
- The 2018 film Bumblebee was originally going be the last film in the Michael Bay series, but it was soon changed to reboot the franchise.
- Hasbro now no longer wants Michael Bay to work on the upcoming films, so the story was changed entirely and the Transformers will be redesigned.
- Two reboot films are in development, one of them is an untitled Bumblebee sequel, an animated film and a new live-action film.
- The next live-action Transformers movie is coming in the Summer of 2022, but it is currently untitled and will not have Michael Bay at the helm.
- There is also an upcoming animated Transformers film with Josh Cooley (the director of Toy Story 4) at the helm and will focus on Optimus Prime, Megatron and Cybertron.