The Good Dinosaur (Bob Peterson's version)
Here is the story of how the original version of The Good Dinosaur was going to be like.
The film was announced in having Bob Peterson as director and a slightly different story compared to the final version.
Not much is known, but the little that has been disclosed was that dinosaurs would be agricultural and Arlo would be fascinated by insects. One day, Arlo would find a giant beetle, which would actually be the human child Spot, then they would embark on a journey in which nature would be a kind of antagonist.
Why It Was Cancelled
- Bob Peterson and a producer were removed from their posts due to problems with the story. Peterson was eventually replaced by Peter Sohn, due to this, the story underwent changes and they changed almost the entire original cast, of which, Frances McDonald was the only voice actor who remained in the final film.
- Pixar found it necessary to do this in order to come up with a good story.
Known differences of Peterson's version from the final version
- Arlo had three brothers instead of two, two brothers and a sister named Ivy who was eliminated from the final version.
- Arlo would be an older and immense dinosaur, as well as having a different face.
- Spot had a somewhat different design from the final version, in this version, Spot had a similar look to a hunter, he made use of a wooden stick and primitive paintings.
- The plot was different too.
- It has been implied that Arlo's family would originally be an entire community of Apatosaurus.
- The original cast included Lucas Neff, John Lithgow, Frances McDormand, Neil Patrick Harris, Judy Greer, and Bill Hader. While the final cast had Raymond Ochoa, Jack Bright, Steve Zahn, Sam Elliott, Anna Paquin, AJ Buckley, Frances McDormand and Jeffrey Wright. The cast was changed due to changes the characters underwent during production.
- Peter Sohn's version of The Good Dinosaur premiered in 2015, which was a modest box office success.
- The original version of The Good Dinosaur was permanently canceled.