The Batman (Ben Affleck)
In 2013, it was announced that Ben Affleck would replace Christian Bale as Batman and that he will appear in many upcoming DCEU projects and one of them was a solo Batman film.
Before the events of Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice, Bruce Wayne becomes Batman and fights crime in Gotham City and gets a sidekick named Robin until he is killed by Joker and Harley Quinn. Later on, Batman would also face Deathstroke.
Ben Affleck as Batman
Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke
Jared Leto as Joker
Jeremy Irons as Alfred
Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
J.K. Simmons as Comissioner Gordon
Why It Was Cancelled
- Both Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice and Justice League were panned by critics and audiences.
- Justice League flopped at box office.
- Ben Affleck decided to not play Batman after Justice League. He also stepped down from acting and directing the film due to personal issues and that he was unhappy that the Snyder Cut wasn't released yet.
- The Ben Affleck version of The Batman film was permanently cancelled.
- The DCEU will be rebooted after Wonder Woman 1984.
- In 2022, a new Batman film starring Robert Pattinson and directed by Matt Reeves retooled as a non-DCEU film will hit theaters, 10 years after the last live-action solo Batman film The Dark Knight Rises was theatrically released.
- Ben Affleck and Joe Mangianello returned as Batman and Deathstroke to do reshoots for Zack Snyder's Justice League.