Sex and the City 3 was a proposed sequel to the 2010 film Sex and the City 2 that was set to be the third and final installment in the Sex and the City film trilogy, based on the HBO TV series of the same name. It was announced in December 2016.
It was supposed to involve the death of Mr. Big, as well as Samantha receiving sexting and nude pictures from Miranda’s 14-year-old son, Brady.
- Sarah Jessica Parker as Carrie Bradshaw
- Kim Cattrall as Samantha Jones
- Kristin Davis as Charlotte York Goldenblatt
- Cynthia Nixon as Miranda Hobbes
- Chris North as John James Preston/Mr. Big
Rest of the cast unknown.
Why It Was Cancelled
- Sex and the City 2 received negative reviews from critics, audiences and fans of the series, despite being a box office success.
- Cattrall did not want to return for the third film after learning of the storylines of the film (mentioned in the plot) and she felt she needed to move on from playing Samantha Jones.
- Sex and the City 3 was permanently cancelled.
- In December 2020, a revival of Sex and the City was announced to be in development for HBO Max. In January 2021, the revival titled as And Just Like That... was officially confirmed at HBO Max and will only be a limited series that consists 10 episodes. Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon, and Kristin Davis will be reprising their roles for the revival, with the exception of Kim Cattrall.