Super Mario Bros. 2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Note: Please do not add "Bob Hoskins died in 2014.", because this was before he died.
Super Mario Bros. 2 would have been a sequel to the 1993 movie Super Mario Bros.
The plot is currently unknown.
Why It Was Cancelled
- The poor reception of the first movie killed any chances of a sequel being made.
- Many stars of the film called the first one "a nightmare."
- The first film failed at the box office.
- Bob Hoskins expressed no interest in returning as his role of Mario.
- John Leguizamo went on to do other projects instead of coming back as Luigi.
- Hollywood Pictures, the company that produced the film went out of business in 2007.
- The film was permanently cancelled, but a fan made comic book titled Super Mario Bros. 2 was written and acts as a sequel to the movie. Despite that, Super Mario Bros. is a stand-alone film.
- Illumination Entertainment (the studio behind the Despicable Me franchise) is making a Super Mario film that is set to be released at some point in 2022.