Street Fighter II
A sequel to the 1994 live-action film Street Fighter film based on the fighting video game franchise was in the talks in 2003 to be distributed by Universal Pictures. The film would have had Jean-Claude Van Damme and most of the cast of the original film coming back for the sequel.
The plot is currently unknown.
- Jean-Claude Van Damme as Guile
- Byron Mann as Ryu
- Damian Chapa as Ken Masters
- Holly Valance as Cammy White (possible replacement for Kylie Minogue)
- Dolph Lundgren as TBA
Rest of the cast is unknown.
Why It Was Cancelled
- Universal Pictures lost the rights to produce live-action Street Fighter films and were acquired by 20th Century Fox.
- Plans for the sequel were scrapped in favor of a reboot, which eventually became Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.
- The sequel was permanently cancelled.
- Street Fighter (1994) is a stand-alone film.
- 20th Century Fox would release a new live-action Street Fighter film titled Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li in 2009, which is a reboot rather than a sequel. This film was poorly received, but unlike the 1994 film, The Legend of Chun-Li was a box office failure.