Star Wars: Episode IX: Duel of the Fates
Before Rise Of Skywalker hit theaters on December 20th 2019, Colin Trevorrow originaly was supposed to direct the original title for Star Wars Epidode IX titled Duel of Fates; which was scheduled for a May 24, 2019 release date. But due to creative differences with Lucasfilm, he got fired.
Resistance And First Order face off once again for the last time.
Why It Was Cancelled
- Kathleen Kennedy, the President of Lucasfilm, did not like Colin Trevorrow's script. This caused arguments of creative differences and Trevorrow was fired.
- People at Lucasfilm thought he would make it bad after his movie Book Of Henry flopped at the box office and got bad reviews.
- Three other films were released on May 24, 2019, which were the live-action remake of Aladdin (another Disney film), Booksmart, and Brightburn.
- Duel Of Fates was permanently cancelled.
- The script was leaked weeks later and can be found online for all to see.
- On December 20th 2019, Disney released JJ Abrams' version of Star Wars Episode 9 titled: The Rise Of Skywalker; which got mixed reviews from audiences and fans, but had positive box office returns.
- STAR-WARS DUEL-OF-THE-FATES DETAILS CONFIRMED VIA CONCEPT-ART COLIN-TREVORROW .jpg
- Duel 2.jpg