Spider-Man 3 (the original version)
The pitch for the original Spider-Man 3 is Tobey Maguire’s Spider-Man would throw Vulture in jail, leaving the latter to stew in his hatred and cook up a plot for revenge; Sandman would become his cellmate and they’d team up to bust out and wreak havoc; in the end, Spidey would offer a truce to Vulture, who would refuse and die during their big fight, thus "illustrating to Peter the ramifications of a heart hardened by an inability to forgive. It would also only set up Venom not make him main villain
Tobey Maguire As Spider-Man/Peter Parker.
James Franco As Harry Osborn.
Kirsten Dunst As Mary Jane Watson.
Ben Kingsley As Adrian Toomes/The Vulture.
Thomas Haden Church As Flint Marko/Sandman.
Why It Was Cancelled
- On March 15 2005, the Vulture was removed from the script and was replaced with Venom.
- Sony rushed Sam Raimi with the deadline of Spider-Man 3.
- The original version of Spider-Man 3 was permanently cancelled.
- In 2007 a different version of Spider-Man 3 came out which got mixed reviews from critics and audiences.
- Because of this, all future projects involving Sam Raimi and the Tobey Maguire Spider Man universe had been cancelled, including Spider-Man 4.