Seed of Chucky (original version)
While in development of the 2004 film Seed of Chucky, there were some ideas planned for the film that never made it in the final film.
The plot would have been the same as the 2004 film, with some differences. The only known difference that is currently known was that Tyler and Andy, along with Jesse and Jade (characters from previous installments) were all meant to be killed off by Chucky.
Why It Was Cancelled
- The original script for this film was pitched to Universal following the release of Bride Of Chucky in 1998, but they turned it down due to the low box office numbers. It wasn't until 2003 that Focus Features picked it up for release under their Rogue Pictures label.
- Chris Sarandon was approached to return as Mike Norris in this film, but he had to turn it down due to scheduling conflicts with another film he was working on.
- Throughout production, the director and producers had a hard time agreeing on the look of Glen. Don Mancini wanted to give him his own distinct look, but the producers felt that he should have features similar to both Tiffany and Chucky.
- Seed Of Chucky was released in 2004, receiving mixed reviews, making it the last Chucky-related movie to be released in theaters until the 2019 reboot.
- The idea of characters from previous installments being killed by Chucky was scrapped.