Nick Cassavetes Iron Man
Iron Man was New Line Cinema's attempted film version of the Marvel Comics character of the same name.
Nick Cassavetes was set to direct Iron Man in 2004, but New Line Cinema lost the rights to Iron Man in 2005.
Tony Stark would have been the estranged son of weapons concept artist Howard Stark who attempts to assassinate his own son during a business trip and after his father is presumed death Tony takes on the mantle known as Iron Man while fighting a similar figure with the same armour which would later relieved to be his own father.
- Oded Fehr as Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Mos Def as James Rhodes
- Rachel McAdams as Pepper Potts
- Eva Longoria as Whitney Frost
- Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Mandarin
- Dolph Lundgren as Crimson Dynamo
Why It Was Cancelled
- The rights of Iron Man reverted back to Marvel in 2005
- Nick Cassavetes was set to direct the film in 2004, but New Line Cinema lost the rights.
- An Iron Man film was made in 2008 with Robert Downey, Jr. as the title character.