Hippie Hippie Shake
Hippie Hippie Shake was an unreleased 2010 British biographical drama film written by Lee Hall, directed by Beeban Kidron and starring Cillian Murphy as Richard Neville and Sienna Miller as his girlfriend Louise Ferrier.
It focused on Oz editor Richard Neville and Louise Ferrier, as Neville and his cohorts launch the London edition of the radical magazine, and are put on trial for publishing an obscene issue. The film serves as a metaphorical journey through the 1960s in London. However, the film was cancelled in both July 2009 and 2010 after its writer Lee Hall and its director Beeban Kidron both left the project during the editing process, because of "creative differences" and also the box office failure of Working Title's previous film Green Zone.
It would have focused on Oz editor Richard Neville (Cillian Murphy) and Louise Ferrier (Sienna Miller), as Neville and his cohorts launch the London edition of the radical magazine, and are put on trial for publishing an obscene issue. The film serves as a metaphorical journey through the 1960s in London.
- Cillian Murphy as Richard Neville
- Sienna Miller as Louise Ferrier, Neville's girlfriend
- Nina Liu as Jenny Kee
- Emma Booth as Germaine Greer
- Johnny Whitteridge as Max the flower painted hippy
- Hugh Bonneville as John Mortimer QC
- Margo Stilley as Cynthia Plaster Caster
- Matthew Beard as Charles
- Max Minghella as Martin Sharp
- Chris O'Dowd as Felix Dennis
- Lewis Clay as Paul Rodgers
- Genevieve Gaunt as Trudi
- Leah Hinton-Fishlock as Hippie Chick
- Peter Brooke as Jerry Rubin
- David Anthony as Roger Daltrey
- Sean Biggerstaff
- Daniel Mays as David Widgery
- Derek Jacobi
- Arjun Pillai as Eddie and token Sri Lankan actor
Why It Was Cancelled
- Writer Lee Hall and its director Beeban Kidron both left the project during the editing process, because of "creative differences".
- It also was cancelled following the box office failure of Working Title's previous film Green Zone.
- After the box-office failure of Green Zone, Universal Pictures, wrote off this movie in an attempt to partially off-set that movie's loss of over one hundred million dollars. The insurers reportedly stipulated that the original camera negative be destroyed.
- Universal shelved Hippie Hippie Shake in 2011, and the film will most likely never be released.
- Tumblr lrzlqbl55g1qaeleio1 500.jpg
- Siennarunngoff 468x344.jpg
- MV5BNjZhYWRiZWUtZDU0Yi00MTlkLTk2NzEtZDUyZWYzNDAzNjBhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjcyNjEzNDk@. V1 .jpg