Halo was a proposed live action adaptation of the popular video game, directed by Neill Blomkamp and produced by Peter Jackson. It was scheduled for Summer 2009 release date.
After they crash-land on an artificial ring-world called "Halo", a navy captain, his surviving marines, and a chemically-and-surgically-enhanced supersoldier named John-117 "Master Chief" must find out what the Covenant, the genocidal alien race they are at war with, are looking for on the ring. However, Halo holds more secrets than either side imagined.
Why It Was Cancelled
- The script was apparently poorly written.
- Production issues.
- Poor funding.
- Neill Blomkamp decided to quit and do District 9 instead.
- The film is cancelled but not permanently
- The script can be found online.
- As a result of the cancellation Halo got a TV series.
Budget was according to Neill Blomkamp $120 million USD