Gump & Company
Note: Please, do not add "Winston Groom died on September 17, 2020", because this was before he died.
Gump & Company or Gump & Co. is a cancelled sequel to the 1994 Academy-Award winning film Forrest Gump. It is based on the 1995 book of the same name.
According to writer Eric Roth, Forrest and his son go to Florida and it is revealed that his son is diagnosed with AIDS and nobody at school would sit near him. Later on, Forrest would dance with Princess Diana and would appear in the O.J. Simpson car chase.
Why It Was Cancelled
- Tom Hanks and Robert Zemeckis both expressed no interest in doing a sequel.
- Reportedly, Winston Groom got into a fight with Paramount. However, it is unconfirmed if this is true or not.
- The September 11th attacks delayed the film from being made.
- Forrest Gump is a stand-alone film.
- As of right now, the film remains to be a book.
- The film will presumably remain to be in development hell for years and will probably never be made.