Note: Please do not add "Robin Williams died on August 11, 2014". This was before his death.
Batman Continues is the name of a cancelled sequel to the 1992 film Batman Returns. During the early development of the cancelled Catwoman spin-off, Tim Burton expressed his interest in directing the third installment of the Batman franchise that began with Batman in 1989. 
The plot would be the same as Batman Forever, but with some changes in it, and it would be darker.
- Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne / Batman
- Michelle Pfeiffer as Selina Kyle / Catwoman
- Billy Dee Williams as Harvey Dent / Two-Face
- Robin Williams as Edward Nygma / The Riddler
- Marlon Wayans as Dick Grayson / Robin
- Michael Gough as Alfred Pennyworth
Why It Was Cancelled
- Parents thought that Batman Returns was too dark and unsuitable for children.
- Because of this backlash, Warner Bros. asked Tim Burton to step down as director in favor of another director.
- Michael Keaton decided not to reprise his role as Batman because he didn't like the new direction the film series was heading in.
- The original version of Batman Forever was cancelled.
- Warner Brothers released Batman Forever in 1995 with director Joel Schumacher at the helm.
- Michael Keaton may come back in Flashpoint movie but if talks with him fail they will bring back Christian Bale.